Do you want to learn how to clean up drywall dust from carpet?
Of course, you want to, that’s why you’re here. Right?
So let’s begin.
There are a few ways to clean up drywall dust from the carpet, easier and hard ways.
- Taking commercial service
- DIY(Do It Yourself)
Let’s start with the easy way.
Easy Way To Clean Drywall Dust From Carpet
Taking a commercial service for cleaning up your drywall dust, is the easier option. Professional carpet cleaners are good at cleaning any type of mess.Taking a commercial service for cleaning up your drywall dust, is the easier option.
Professional carpet cleaners are good at cleaning any type of mess.It’s drywall dust we’re talking about.You’ll need a super suction vacuum which is typically unavailable on the market. Maybe you could find it on Amazon.
I’m not sure if it is worth buying for one time use because you won’t need it often. If you can afford a carpet cleaning service, they have everything to clean the carpet properly, including a super suction carpet cleaning machine which will suck all the dirt and grime from the carpet.
Plus, they will clean up the drywall dust from your carpet.
You don’t need to worry about the price, because they have a range of prices for different types of cleaning services.
How much does it cost?
The cost is based on the type of service you want and the number of rooms in your house.
And now, here comes the hard way.
Do It Yourself
If you don’t have the money to pay for a professional carpet cleaning service, or if you just don’t feel like going that route, then this is the option for you.
There are two options for doing it by yourself
Option One (Applicable if you have a carpet cleaning machine)
If you have or access to a carpet cleaning machine, then you can apply it.
- Dampen the carpet with water.
- conduct a carpet cleaning machine in smaller sections.
- Repeat the process until you clean all the drywall dust from the carpet.
- Let the carpet dry completely before using the room.
Option Two(Shop Vac)
Get or rent a shop vac with a fine dust filter. Clean the drywall dust from the carpet using the shop vac. vacuum it carefully, so you don’t damage your carpet.
Both methods are effective, but I recommend Option One because it is more manageable.
How To Prevent Drywall Dust Getting Into The Carpet
If you’re doing any type of home improvement work or if you just moved into a new house; these are things you can do to protect your carpet from drywall dust.
- Use a Carpet Sweeper to get the drywall dust before it enters your carpet.
- Keep all tools and materials away from the area where you’re going to be working on the wall or carpet.
- Whenever you’re working on any type of construction in or around your home, use a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner to capture dust and debris before it can enter into your carpet.
- Your carpet should be rolled up and relayed before you start working.
- You might want to remove your carpet to prevent it from absorbing dust.
- Another way, you can use a heavy duty plastic cover to cover the carpet, then seal the edges with duct tape, to walk on.
A professional carpet cleaning service is definitely the best way to go. However, if you don’t have the money or just don’t want to deal with it, then you can do it yourself using one of these methods.
Now that you know how to clean drywall dust from the carpet, it is up to you which one suits your needs.
There are a lot of options when it comes to carpet cleaners. Some work better than others, and some are better suited for certain types of carpets. But in general, they all have the same goal: to get rid of dirt and grime from your carpet. If you want to know more about heavy duty carpet cleaner solutions, we suggest that you check out our blog post.