The bedroom is very important for a healthier and fresh start to a person’s day as every person wakes up in the morning from his bedroom and it plays an important impact on the mental freshness of that person.
So it is very important to give good decoration to your bedroom which heavily depends on the flooring as well. We are often confused about what type of flooring needs to be done for the bedroom.
It is a very common question among us “Is it better to have carpet or laminate in bedrooms?”
The choice of flooring depends on various factors. Depends upon budget, usage, purpose, resale value, and upon the user also. Those will be discussed in detail here with their advantages and disadvantages.
Actually, there is no fixed choice as the requirement and purpose of uses are varying from person to person. So you need to think properly and make a choice after going through the whole article.
What Are Carpeting And Laminating?
Actually, there are mainly two types of flooring widely used as those are comparatively cheap and the users are satisfied.
- Carpeting the floor
- Laminating the floor
Carpeting the floor
This refers to spreading a carpet all over the floor which gives a comfy feel to your under feet and also provides an aesthetic look to the room.
- Enhances the look of the room
- Provides comfort
- Holds warmth of the room during harsh winter
- A little bit works to reduce sound(soundproof)
- Provides safety if anything falls over it
- Comparatively cheap
- Durability is around 15-25 years depending upon the quality of the carpet
- Prone to stain and damage
- Contains allergens inside it
- Problematic to elderly persons and patients with asthma
- Tough to clean
- Molds and mildew can grow if gets wet and do not cleaned immediately
Laminating The Floor
This refers to spreading polyvinyl or polyester sheets with some designs engraved in them with the help of a pad and glue. Then an extra layer is also spread over the sheet to provide durability.
- Easy installation
- Comparatively cheap in price
- Durability is good enough
- Provides waterproof characteristics
- Easy to clean
- Do not trap any kind of dust or allergens
- Good resale value
- Do not last long if gets scratched
- Do not provide a soft feel to under feet
- Low maintenance cost
To know details about laminating floors you can visit here.
Which Method Is Best For The Bedroom?
The suitability of flooring choice depends upon the way of living and the person or persons living in that room actually.
Suitable For Carpeting
- The region, where winter is most time of the day and residents, faces harsh cold nights. Because this carpet will keep the room warm.
- Carpeting is suitable in the room of children as they might fall on the floor without getting hurt
- If the resident desires comfort and a warm feel under their feet then carpeting is suitable for them
- If there is no risk of staining in the bedroom and no pets, then carpeting can be done without any hesitation
Suitable For Laminating
- If you have any allergic problems or a patient with asthma, then laminating the floor is the best solution
- If you have a pet where there is a risk of staining the floor. But in the case of laminating the floor, it is easy to clean those stains
- If you want a durable and hassle-free floor solution, then laminating the floor would be preferable
- If you want to complete the floor solution within a short period of time, then laminating the floor is suggested as it requires less time than carpeting
- If there is any elderly person living in that bedroom having any allergic problem then laminating the floor would be suggested
- If you want to use it for commercial purposes then laminating the floor is obvious because the tenant’s first priority would be to change the floor if it is carpeted
Now it depends upon you because the factors vary from person to person.
Is Laminated Floor Healthier Than Carpet In The Bedroom?
Yes, a laminated floor is healthier than a carpet in the bedroom as it does not contain any dust materials. You can use carpet as well as a healthy flooring solution if you are able to clean the clouds of dust regularly and keep it clean.
Finally, we can say whether to use the carpet or the laminating depends on the purpose of use of the resident and their problems.
If the residents are allergic to dust and have pets then they should avoid carpeting their bedrooms. On the contrary, if the room is designed for elderly people and has pets then you should choose to laminate the floor as a flooring solution.
So choose wisely and give your bedroom an aesthetic look and a comfy environment for you.
Now go ahead and check out some luxury carpet for your bedroom.